ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Well, shit.u

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well, shit.

Dave just called. You know it's never good when he says "so I have some kinda bad news." This means a) it's not KINDA, it definitely is and b) it involves his job.

He's been volunteered for strike duty. Which means that if there is a strike, which is pretty likely, he will get assigned to another state to work for several months. Don't know how far away. Don't know how long. With my work schedule, this is definitely NOT a good thing. I told Dave we'll deal with it when the time comes. But, my mind is already racing at how I'm going to do this.

I guess I'll have to fall back on Cassie. I figure it's the least she can do at this point. She's off on Sundays, which is my open to close day, so she can watch the boys on that day. That's the most important day that I need covered.

I can more than likely have my friend Ann pick Zack up from after-school care on Thursdays and Fridays. Gotta figure out who can watch him on those nights.

This is where I start to get more angry. Why can't Alex be normal enough to watch his little brother? He's almost 13 years old and there is no way that I can leave them alone on nights that I work and that's not how it should be. I hate the idea of spending money on after-school care and then big chunks of money on a sitter for Thursday and Friday nights. It would be nice if Cassie's work schedule could work with mine, but I'm not entirely sure if it can. We'll see.

I guess I won't worry about it until the time comes, but on the other hand, I really should have a plan in place. Blah!

Oh, not a minor thought here - months away from Dave? The longest we've been apart is 3 weeks. This is not going to be easy. At least this time, we'll be able to talk all the time, unlike when he's been out of the country. Blah x2.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karly said...

Well, crap. Thinking good thoughts for you.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That sucks.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter