ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Sometimes I forgetu

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sometimes I forget

Well, OFTEN I forget...

How innocent and fun it is to be a child. I had the greatest conversation with Zack on the phone yesterday while I was at work.

Last night, I had called home and both he and Dave picked up the phone at the same time. Zack was upstairs in my room watching TV and heading off to sleep and Dave was downstairs. So, Zack and I had our typical "how was your day? What are you doing conversation." and then Dave says to Zack "Why didn't you pick up a few minutes ago when Mommy called?"

Zack was blown away that all THREE of us were on the phone at the same time. At first, he didn't get it. He thought that Dave had left and come up to work to see me and that's how he was on the phone. Dave chuckled and explained that he picked up the phone downstairs, silly boy.

Zack was giggling and thought it was the coolest thing ever. He asked Dave what he was doing and Dave kinda blew him off, so Zack said "no, seriously, Dad, what are you doing?" He really wanted an actual answer. He was laughing his butt off and he kept saying "I've never had a three way conversation on the phone before!" I had tears in my eyes from laughing.

He was so innocent, sweet, and genuinely thrilled at this new experience. We said our goodnights and Zack hung up the phone, while I stayed on to talk to Dave.

I heard Zack come down the stairs and say something to Dave (I couldn't hear him). Dave laughed and sent him back to up to bed.

Dave told me that he came downstairs just to say "Dad, wasn't that FUN??" He was the happiest kid in the world when he went to bed last night.

All because of a phone call with his mom and dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger jordan said...

Oh man. That has me laughing too. What fun.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Karly said...

Awesome. Who knew a three-way was so fun?! ;)

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter