ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: The MIA Entryu

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The MIA Entry

I said I wanted to blog as close to daily as I can, but I won't be able to tomorrow and probably not on Monday, so I'll just do a quick one before bed (that's what she said).

Took the boys to Medieval Times tonight. Man, that place is so much fun. Luckily, they are offering some kick-ass deals on tickets right now and we were able to go, all four of us, for $102.00. Yup. Half-price baby!!! I love a good deal.

The boys had a blast, and so did Dave and I. We are goofballs and we totally embrace that.

Speaking of goofballs - man did I have a great time last night with some old high school friends. Two of them were coming in from out of town and we all "Facebooked" each other to get together. Well, they couldn't do it tonight, on my night off, so everyone came into the restaurant last night while I was working. We had a blast. I haven't seen some of these people in 18 years!!! But it was like no time had passed (except that we were all old enough to drink and we were talking about our kids). Everyone was totally at ease with everyone else and a wonderful time was had by all. Yes, you can see the pics up on Facebook, oy. They stayed for almost 5 hours - it was fantastic. I can't wait to do it again.

I'm working open to close tomorrow and the going in for my surgery extremely early in the morning on Monday. I'm nervous, but as my wonderful friend Eileen says, if I weren't nervous, I'd be a robot.

Pretty sure I'm not a robot. Not today at least.

Wish me luck...

2 Comments:

Blogger Karly said...

No one can really ever say it better than Ei. Luv ya!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Good luck! Thinking of you! :)

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter