ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: It only took 21 years...u

Friday, January 16, 2009

It only took 21 years...

But I actually ran out of gas today.

Let me preface this with the fact that David will be so proud of me for admitting this publically ;)

When I drove home last night from work, I had 1/4 tank of gas (well, it appeared that I did). Today is Dave's day to get Zack up and take him to school so I can sleep. In my grogginess this morning, I advised Dave to warm the van up first because it's friggin' 12 degrees outside. He does.

About 20 minutes later (TWENTY MINUTES, that's just too long and I need to talk to him about THAT), he and Zack come back inside and Dave comes upstairs, not very pleased. "Your car just ran out of gas, so I want you to take care of this."

WHAT? Seriously? I run that shit down to the bottom line, but I've never run out of gas and I've never left so little gas that someone else ran out while using it, either.

I told Dave to put the gas from the lawnmower gas can in the van and that should give him plenty to get Zack to school. He got into the car and saw that it was still really low to the bottom line and refused to drive Zack :)

Funny thing - when I pulled out of the driveway and got the car level, what do you think I saw? A 'full' quarter tank of gas. Stupid slanted driveway.

So thanks to gravity, I have a new first in my life. Boo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Haven't done that one yet...It's just a matter of time.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter