ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Finally, some good changeu

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Finally, some good change

We had the sit down today at work. The new schedule sit down. In the past, the new schedule sit down has not always boded well for fair Catherine. I've had a hard schedule this past year or so, but hey, them's the breaks right?

First things first, I got a raise. With the promise of another at the end of the year if things are going well. Great - that shows up on the next paycheck.

I now have an AMAZING schedule. Female boss noted that I have been putting out a lot of extra effort and time, hence the raise, but also that's a contributing factor to my new schedule. For the first time in almost 2 years, I will have two days off in a row every week. Mondays and Tuesdays. I'll also be off on Saturdays. Instead of opening on Fridays, I will be closing, which is a LOT easier. I have another opening shift during the week. This means instead of being GONE 4 nights out of the week, I'm HOME 4 nights out of the week. I have many of my days free, which also bodes well for the restaurant because I don't mind coming in during the day to do extra work - I can wear jeans, I can stay as long as I want (or as little as I want). It will work well for everyone.

I'm thrilled. The only down side is that I have to miss a baby shower that I've been planning for a friend. It sucks, but there's just no way around it at this point. Maybe something will change by the end of the month, but I don't know. I feel really bad about that.

Tomorrow is my last open to volume Friday shift. Saturday is my last Saturday close. Boy oh boy - this is awesome. We're definitely gonna go out tonight and celebrate!!

4 Comments:

Blogger jordan said...

That is so awesome Cathy! Woohoo!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Karly said...

Congrats on the sweet new schedule, Fair Catherine! ;)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Ei said...

Rock on woman!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Yay for you!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter