ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: I am old.u

Sunday, September 07, 2008

I am old.

Today, I experienced my first hangover. No, I'm not lying.

In the past, no matter how drunk I got, I always felt pretty much fine the next day. Maybe a little tired, but mostly just fine. I'm a rockstar.

Today, not so much.

I have vague recollection of last night. Shift ended, a few servers asked if they could have a drink. I was doing my paperwork in the office. My boss was still there, hanging out with everyone at the bar.

I finished my paperwork and decided to have a drink while I waited for dish pit to finish up. One drink turned into, I want to say 4 or 5. These are not little drinks we're talking about either. So, yeah, I was wasted pretty quickly. I can tell you who was there, but I can't tell you what we talked about.

I can tell you that one of my servers drove me home, and then had to come back to get her keys, but by that point, I was barfing my brains out in my bathroom and I'm assuming that Dave got her the keys. Yay for drunk barfing.

What's not so great? Waking up and barfing some more. I made the grand mistake of taking some Tylenol around 6am for the pounding headache I had.

Yeah, I threw that shit up at about 8am. And there is nothing better than waking your kid up by barfing. "mommy, are you ok?" "yeah, dude, I just don't feel well". Understatement of the year, that one.

I managed to climb out of bed around 10:30 maybe? I watched the season finale of Dexter with Dave, ate about a quarter of a piece of toast over that hour, and went back to bed.

Woke up around 2:30 at least feeling like I don't want to hurl anymore. Finally able to take some more pain medication and I seem to be keeping it down, but holy hell, I still feel like shit.

At least I'm off work today - small favors, small favors.

So I'm thinking this getting wasted thing is not for me anymore. Oy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, Cathy! That's one heck of a way to find out you've got a few years under your belt! Glad you are feeling better. I hurled through both of my pregnancies. Hated it. I did like the nice abs I developed. Amazing how great a workout it can be.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter