ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Tattoo Updateu

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Tattoo Update

I'll just answer everyone's questions at once here, so I don't have to repeat myself.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm having an allergic reaction to the stupid Lubriderm that I was using to keep the tattoo hydrated. Of all the things in the world to be allergic to, it's unscented lotion?!?! That's a funny joke.

If I were allergic to the ink, well, a) I would have had some kind of reaction with my other 5 pieces and b) it would have happened very quickly, not 4 days later.

So, I stopped putting on the lotion and I haven't had any more serious breakouts. However, the original rash is still there and it's ugly because I scratched the shit out of it the other day. I found some prescription cream that I had for another skin issue a while ago. It's probably expired. I don't care. The shit works.

I'm not itchy anymore and that's a good thing.

The tat is healing nicely. Pretty much all of the scabs have fallen off. It does, however, have a very "alligator-y" quality to the skin right now and I don't like that at all. I'm sure that will go away as well and it may have something to do with the lack of lotion being used at this point. I'm going to put some sunscreen on it and that should help with the moisture. I need to put sunblock on it every day before I leave the house because any direct exposure to sunlight can fade it really quickly. I gotta buy a bottle of like 55 SPF just for me that I can keep in my room or something.

I don't want to take a final picture yet because the red rash bumps are still there, so once that's gone, then I will take a final picture.

I still love it. It's looks great and best of all, it doesn't hurt anymore!! I have discovered something very, very interesting though. Seems as though the tattoo is linked to my soul somehow and when I get stressed, it aches. Hm. I'm a freak of nature :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Dr. Bronner's Tattoo balm. It rocks. IT's all natural organic stuff.

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SD0104/NakedOrganicBodyBalm.htm

It's great for dry skin too! Check it out. ;)

I can't wait to see it all healed nicely.

-

10:04 PM  
Blogger jordan said...

Glad you got it figured out! That is miserable!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter