ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Let's Change the Subject, Shall We?u

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let's Change the Subject, Shall We?

Enough focusing on the sickness, let's talk about something else. Oh wait, this revolves around sickness as well. Not mine, though.

I dropped Dave and Zack off at the airport this morning. They are taking a quickly-thrown-together trip to Phoenix to go visit Dave's family. Unfortunately, Grandma has been diagnosed with a brain tumor and does not have much longer. She had surgery, but is refusing the chemo and radiation. Dave hasn't seen her in 4 years. Zack hasn't been out since last summer. Alex and Cassie have both been out there this year, so we thought it was important for Grandma to see Zack once more as well.

For today, it's just Alex and me. I promised him I would take him to see Dark Knight again. I can swing that. Tomorrow, he will be going to a friend's house for the weekend. This ends upbeing a godsend now that I have to basically sit around and try to relax as much as possible. I'm not supposed to be working, but I can as long as I'm not prepping. So, someone else is opening for me tomorrow and I will go in around 2pm and work a short shift. Then I will come home and crash. I close on Saturday night and I'm off on Sunday.

I'll pick up Alex around noon on Sunday and we'll have another day together. I hope I'm feeling better for that one.

Another week and a half until school starts. I don't have supplies for Alex - I have Zack's because I pre-ordered them through this special offer at the end of last school year. I hate this time of year. I never feel like the kids are prepared for it, whether it's because I messed up or they are just not ready.

//Shia LeBeouf is hot

I miss my kid already and he's not even landed in Arizona yet. He was so excited to get to go on a trip just him and dad. He was so cute walking into the airport with his bags with daddy. He's getting to be so grown up, I really do hate it.

He's almost 7. Alex will be 13 next year. Oy. I need to go lay down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter