ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: If you gross out easily...u

Sunday, August 10, 2008

If you gross out easily...

You're not going to want to read this one.

As you know, I've been having some issues with my arm. Decided to watch it until Tuesday and see what's up. I haven't laid a finger on it in over 24 hours. When I woke up this morning, it was the grossest it's ever been.

It's been aching. HURTING down to the bone the last few days. So, when I woke up this morning and it looked like this:



I freaked the fuck out. Actually, THAT picture was taken hours later, in the urgent care clinic, AFTER it was actually looking better, if you can believe it. I woke up seriously swollen and itchy.

I debated ER vs. urgent care center and decided I didn't want to get laughed out of the ER for having a stupid little rash, so I went to Patient First. That place is great, by the way. You can usually get in and out very quickly, but they were super busy today and it took 2 hours, but still, much shorter than the ER.

So, I go through the intake nurse first (who, incidentally asked if they were going to be seeing me or my 'daughter' - she meant Zack, who wanted to come and keep me company. Nice, ya idiot - he's got a penis). ANYWAY...

After a long wait, which consisted of Zack and I dancing around the office to all the highly inappropriate music I have on my cell phone, the doctor came in and she made a nice face when she saw it. That's never good.

"The rash is an infectious reaction."

"Oh, so it's just a coincidence that it's on the arm I just had tattooed?"

"No. The needle introduced this infection and your body's attacking it."

Great.

I explained that I watched the tattoo artist open up a brand new needle and she said that it wasn't the needle itself, but the fact that it was then, essentially, an open wound that got infected later, which is why the reaction didn't occur immediately.

Think that perhaps working around raw meat and all kinds of other stuff immediately after getting it might have done that? I'm willing to bet on it.

Long story short - I have antibiotics and an ointment to use. It's already a lot less itchy, but it still looks SO gross.

I should see some good results within two days.

And you know damn well, I'll be taking pictures of it all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Glad you are on the road to recovery. Can't wait for the photo essay! :)

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter