ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: My newest piece...u

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My newest piece...

I've been wanting another tattoo for several years now. I've wanted to get some kind of homage to my children. But, I didn't want to just tattoo their names on me - that's just too cliche and common to me.

It's been in the back of mind for years, keeping an eye out for an idea, a design, anything.

So, last week, I'm looking at Coldplay stuff online, as I'm want to do because they are awesome and I saw the cover of their 3rd album, X&Y:



Hmm, interesting colors and concept. Reading up more on the design, I found out that it's an artist's visual representation of binary code. VERY interesting...

I wondered what my kids' initials would look like with that coding? Eh, unimpressed.

But then, I thought - what about their names?

Zack Alex Cassie:



Now, THAT is interesting...I fell in love with it. Completely original, has incredible meaning to me on different levels. Perfect.

I took the design to a tattoo artist last Saturday and asked what they could do. He said no problem, shrunk it down and we set an appt for yesterday. Cool thing was thre were several people in the tattoo shop who saw the design and once I told them what it was, they thought it was even cooler. Lots of positive comments from people, which just solidified that I'm not weird haha

I decided on my left wrist. This is my first piece that's very visible, but it's also the piece that means the most to me of anything I've had done. I'd have all my other pieces removed if I had to keep just one.

So...I had it done yesterday. Hurt more than any piece I've had done. I'm a lot more swollen and sensitive than the others, but I'm chalking that up to where it is. My wrist is not getting any rest, with the typing, working, etc. A shoulder is a lot different than a wrist.

Here it is. I think it turned out perfect. Remembering right now it's bloody and swollen and this was taken with my phone:



And just to give you an idea of HOW swollen it is - this is what I woke up to this morning:



My biggest concern right now is keeping it covered at work while it heals. It's not a pretty thing right now and it needs to stay covered, however, the long sleeved shirt I wore last night KILLED me. I figure when it IS healed, I can get a thick bracelet and I'll be set, but what to do until then? Oh well, I'll figure something out.

I could not be happier with this piece. It's gorgeous, meaningful, and I love it with all my heart.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it, Cathy! That is the most amazing tattoo I have ever seen. I love that it's soooo not the norm, you know?? It's different and unusual but that makes it so awesome. I can't wait to see it after it's healed completely.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy that is such a great tattoo! I am still searching for the perfect one to symbolize my kids.
Amanda(MandyMom)

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - I love it!!! Soooooo original!!

xo
A

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter