ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Words of Wisdom, From Zacku

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Words of Wisdom, From Zack

Zachary is 6 and a half years old now. He's finishing up Kindergarten and has been a star student. For those who have never met Zack, he is truly a 50 year old, grumpy old man in a 6 year old's body. I'm going to think of my favorite things he's said recently that made me bust out laughing because, well, who would have thought they would come out a 6 year old's mouth?

Me: "Goodnight, baby."
Z: "Don't call me baby, I'm not a baby."
Me: "Honey, I know that - it's an expression. I call Daddy 'baby' all the time."
Z: "He doesn't like it either, but he respects you and doesn't want to hurt your feelings."

****************

Me: "Alex, when you're feeling bad, you need to take a second and think about what you really want to say instead of saying something shocking and over dramatic."
Z: "Alex, if I'm upsetting you, then you can just tell me, ok?" (Said like a true therapist in training - he may have even put his hand on Alex's hand)

****************

*crying* "Why didn't you TELL ME this toy was unstable?"

****************

Me: "Zack, Cassie wasn't angry, she was just telling you to stop."
Z (with clenched teeth) "Does this sound angry to you? Yes, I think it does!"

****************

Zack threw a mini fit about me eating one of his shrimp at dinner:
Dave: "Zack, do you hear me whining - ohhh, wahhhh, you ate my shrimp, wahhh?"
Z: *big sigh* "No, of course you don't. You're a grown up."

****************

Z: "Alex, remember, we are brothers, not mortal enemies."


****************

Zack said something about when he's a dad one day:

Me: "I can't wait to see what your kids will be like."
Z (very matter of factly): "Mommy, you'll be dead by then."

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

OH MY GOSH! How funny is he!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love that kid.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter