ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: It's not always about you...u

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's not always about you...

It's time to be a grown up.

It's time to do something I don't want to do. Put my petty feelings aside and just be there for my friend.

Her daughter is dead. I got the call this afternoon. I haven't spoken to her in a while, but we used to hang out a lot. We were in the PTA together (her twins were in Alex's grade. In fact, her son is an Alex as well, so they were Alex D and Alex B) and we used to make fun of all the "PTA" moms and roll our eyes during meetings. So much fun. She's such an awesome person.

And now the worst thing that could possibly happen to a person has happened to her. Her daughter is dead and her son is an only child. That poor boy. Poor Alex D :(

I will be there for her tomorrow. I will dress up, be prompt, and offer whatever help I can. Then I will stay and attend the funeral of a 12 year old girl, even though every part of me is screaming that I can't handle it. I know I can't.

But I have to.

For my friend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You can and will handle it. Because that's just who you are.

Hugs for everyone touched by this.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Ei said...

Well we talked about all of this stuff last night. I just wanted to check in on you and give you another hug. Muah.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Shirlene Alusa-Brown said...

Gabrielle was our neighbor and my daughters very good friend. I am still crying but getting stronger daily. She was a VERY special child. She will be missed.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/811889/a_butterfly_finds_it_s_wings.html?cat=10

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a good thing.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Brie is my cousin and i used to come up every summer to visit for like 2 weeks and i had planned to do the same this past summer but all this happened! we came up to visit her in May and she was so happy that she was kinda getting better and was hoping to come home because she missed her bed and friends... but we got a call on june 4th saying that she was going into open heart surgery and my family was a wreck! she only had a 30% chance of living through it! we didnt get the next call till she was gone and we couldnt do anything about it! she past away a day before my graduation and i was a total mess... the viewing was the day before my 18th birthday! we grew up together went to canada with our family... we used to dress up like twins! i miss her so much... after that happened my life just fell apart... im not with the love of my life because ive changed... well i wonder why my life is shit and someone framed my brother and now my home town thinks it is all true and its not thay dont know him like i do... i grew up with him for crist sake and now i dont know what to do!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter