ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: "Breathe Me" by Siau

Monday, June 12, 2006

"Breathe Me" by Sia

This song (which is my profile song on my space) reminds me how very much I miss Six Feet Under. What a fantastic show that was. David and I were just talking about how the finale was beyond perfect. I've never seen a show end so well before, and so satisfying for the fans. The song that played as Claire drove and we saw everyone's fate has haunted me since and gives me chills every time I hear it. I think it's a gorgeous song.

It also reminds me of Angela whenever I hear it because we were both so obsessed with the show. The last season it was on, I had shut off our cable for debt consolidation and she actually taped the episodes and mailed them to me. God love her. The day after the finale, I paid $50 on ebay for the full season bootleg on dvd. Best money I ever spent, I'm telling you. It was an amazing season. When that finale hit - oh my god, I cried like a baby. It took several viewings of those last 10 minutes before I could watch it without crying.

I've never felt so connected to characters in a tv show or a movie more than I did with Six Feet Under. Man, I miss it! Funny that I loved a show about death so much when I have such a phobia of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter