ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Happy Birthday, Bryanu

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Happy Birthday, Bryan

Today is my brother's birthday. He's creeping up on 40, it's hard to believe. As some of you know, he's in the Army and lives in Germany now. I haven't seen him in over a year now and I miss him a lot. Even though I'm a slacker and can't seem to get gifts out on time, I think of him often. I did manage to get a package out for his birthday, but I'm not sure if he got it yet or not.

Bryan and I haven't always gotten along. In our adulthood, we've gotten along great, but we were the definition of sibling rivalry as children. To say we didn't get along would be an understatement. I'd venture to say that it was mostly my fault because I was an annoying little kid who wanted things my way at all times. I would purposefully antagonize him (who me? Yeah, I know, hard to believe). I still remember the cowboy boot to the stomach (his boot, my stomach and I totally deserved it haha).

I'm so thankful things are different. I hate that he's so far away. The kids miss him, Dave misses him, and I miss him. I should have taken more advantage of him living so close when he was here.

So anyway - enough sadness. Bryan, if you see this, Happy, Happy Birthday - I hope that you had a great day! Spend the money I sent you on something fun - promise?

Love,
Your Little Sister

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter