ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: A Hell of a Weeku

Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Hell of a Week

I'm typing this update with a broken finger. How did this happen, you must be wondering. Why, playing football of course. My left ring finger. I caught a ball wrong. To add insult to injury, or rather, injury to injury, I'm bruised up like nobody's business. Both of my upper arms and my left lower arm is akin to a heroin addict at this point, with track marks of bruises. But boy, did I have a fantastic time!!!

Every year, The Melting Pot cloes for Super Bowl Sunday, all of the area restaurants meet up in Virginia and we play flag football in the Fondue Bowl. Our restaurant did not do well last year - didn't make it past the first round. This year though, oh yeah, we made it to the final game. We lost by one point, but we probably had more fun than anyone. Best of all, the boys had a great time and Cassie & Dave weren't too bored. I loved every minute of it. I may change my tune tomorrow when I'm stiff and sore, but for now, I'm happy.

Now, the breaking of one digit does not a bad week make. But let's say we add that on to being woken up from a deep sleep early Thurs morning with stomach pains. Said pains go away, however, they return with a vengeance on Friday morning. So much so that I ended up in the ER. Even worse - no diagnosis. They think perhaps it's an inflammation of the lining of my stomach caused by stress.

Yes, I'm under a large amount of stress right now. No, I don't want to talk about it. Yes, Dave & I are fine. No, no one is dying. Hopefully, this will pass soon.

I'm tired. My last day at the firm is the 17th. It can't come quickly enough, seriously. I have to work 4 nights this week at the restaurant because Mark told me my last day was going to be last Friday, but my replacement flaked out, so I offered to stay a few more weeks. There's some stress right there, but it will be over soon.

I need to stop typing now and rest my finger. It's actually kinda funny to me that this happened. Why not, ya know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter