ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: I did it.u

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I did it.

I quit my job today. Yes, my REAL job. Quit. Gave notice. Hasta la vista. Wow.

I'm actually really happy with my decision. Also, I worked out all the financials as well and in order for me to bring home the same amount of money as I was from both jobs, I just have to work 4 day a week at The Pot.

No more daycare expenses, no more filling up the gas tank once a week. My commute to work will now be 5 minutes instead of 30.

It just wasn't working out anymore. My boss hasn't been happy with me for a while. I seem to mess up too much, or well, I mess up too much for his liking. Seems that every time I try to do something pro-active, he says it was the wrong thing to do. When I'm not pro-active, he gets mad and tells me to be. I get criticized on a daily basis for doing things that he himself does. It was just too much.

I feel like a great weight has been lifted. Sure, this will mean a pretty big change for us as a family with me being away 4 nights a week, but it will also give us so many more opportunities as a family to do things. I can volunteer at the kids' schools and such.

Now, I just need to find out when my last day is going to be at the lawfirm and talk about increasing my time at the restaurant with Erin. Speaking of, I need to get ready for work now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. You sound happier.

Good for being so strong.

Lumpy

4:30 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Yippee!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter