ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: How is it possible?u

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

How is it possible?

Today I got a bug up my ass. Not literally. I decided that with the impending influx of birthday and Xmas presents next month, I ought to go through Zack's toys and weed out the old ones. Once I walked in from work, I was at it.

Between the living room and his bedroom, I filled up a giant black trash bag with broken toys or crappy toys. Those went in the trash.

Then I gathered up all the toys he doesn't play with anymore. I now have a huge pile of stuff in the computer room waiting to be sifted through by a friend before it goes to the 2nd hand shop to be sold. I can't believe this kid, who is not even 4 yet, has accumulated all of this crap. How is it possible??

After a few hours of work, we now have one toybox filled with toys, instead of two, and have reclaimed our living room as the tv room, not Zack's playroom. I'm actually excited to get this stuff out of my house - I'd give it away if I had to.

I need to go through all of his clothes too. I started to, but I got half way through and felt like crying because there's still so much more to do. So, I took a break. I will finish it up tomorrow. I already have two boxes full of clothes that he's outgrown.

Right now, Dave's transfering our camcorder stuff to videotape. All of the footage is from 2004 and it's really fun to see Zack at age 2, running around. Right now, it's his 3rd birthday. Zack's sitting next to me watching himself open presents and he's all excited - it's really funny. I can't believe he's going to be 4 next month! Gotta start planning his soccer party!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter