ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: What Kind of Idiotu

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What Kind of Idiot

Gets lost driving a straight shot home that they have driven for 17 years?

Me, that's who. I'm so embarrassed. I dropped our friends off at the Metro this morning so they could trapse around D.C. while I was at work for a few hours. I got home and shortly afterward Nicole called me to tell me they were done early and could I come get them sooner? Sure, I was all for that - we would get home before rush hour - saweet!!!!

I pick them up and realize I'm so dead tired, only Starbucks can help me out of this quandry. So, we stop at Starbucks. Fantastic. I get back on the road (again, a straight shot from the Metro to the exit for our house) and drive. About 10 minutes later, I come on an intersection that doesn't look familiar. I look around and sure enough, we're on Connecticut Avenue. The fuck? So I think, ok I know what I did - I got on the side street from the Starbucks instead of the main street. No problem. A right, a right and a left and we should be back on track.

Nope, we ended up in Bethesda. Nice city, that Bethesda - it's got a nice Naval Hospital and crap.

Ok, fine - I know that I can get on the Capitol Beltway and get us home. So, we get there.

During rush-hour traffic.

Fuck. Took us about an hour and a half to get home when it should have taken us 30 minutes.

Thank god my friends are good sports. I feel like a total dolt.

To make up for it, Dave & John are out eating sushi and Nicole & I are getting ready to go to The Pot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter