ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: This was supposed to post last nightu

Friday, April 08, 2005

This was supposed to post last night

But I was having internet troubles, so here it is anyway.

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. I was working a lot at the beginning of the week but now I'm off from The Pot until WEDNESDAY! Woo hoo!!! I'm enjoying the down time and getting some things done.

I did something incredibly stupid tonight. Considering what I do for my career, which is heaving on the typing, it was stupid. I decided to have a big salad for dinner and was cutting up some stuff in the processor. But, the green peppers don't fit in there quite right, gotta cut them up first. Well, I was lazy and was cutting the pepper over the trash can, intead of using the cutting board. The knife got stuck in the pepper and when I loosened it, SLIT - right into my middle finger. OUCH! I've never bled that much before. It looks like a small animal was slaughtered in our trash can. Not to mention the blood on the floor and in the sink. Oh yeah, and on my shirt. Still not sure how that happened. I'd like to know if the CSI investigators could tell me by the blood spatter haha.

Cassie cleaned up the blood on the floor while Alex tried to get Zack to look at the blood in the trash can. Boys.

So now, over 4 hours later, the cut's still open. Probably not good. I have a nice makeshift bandage on it, but I wanted to check it out before I went to sleep. Ick. I guess I'll leave it and when I change the bandage tomorrow, if it's still not healing, I'll call my doctor. I should never put my hands/fingers at risk - they are my livelihood.

This tops off a day where I let my son fall on his head. He was on my shoulders at the store, squirming and being a monkey. I should have been holding on to him tighter, I know this. I'm a horrible mom, I feel terrible. He fell backwards. I managed to grab one of his feet for a second, so at least he didn't fall the entire way, but I couldn't hang on to him and...ker-SPLAT. He screamed for his daddy and just like all 3 year old boys, he was running around and asking for stuff within a few minutes, telling everyone who would listen that he fell on his head. He got lots of giggles and pats on the head from strangers who were sympathetic to him having such a bum for a mom.

So, my birthday is Saturday. I'm such a little kid when it comes to my birthday :) I've booked a 3.5 hour spa session on Saturday morning - massage, facial, manicure & pedicure. I'm not too keen on the manicure, but I'm looking forward to the pedicure, which I've never had. The massage and facial I KNOW I will love. Saturday is the one day a year when it's all about me. I can't wait - a day of relaxation and getting whatever I want. Cuz, as Cartman says, "it's my birthday, my b-b-b-birthday".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter