ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: I wimped out...u

Saturday, April 30, 2005

I wimped out...

I didn't serve last night. I was all set to, and then I got cold feet. I was terrified to pick anything up with my left hand and was so paranoid about dropping something at a table that I just couldn't do it. The manager had me hold a tray with 5 plates on it (they are made of pewter, so pretty heavy) with my left hand. It started to burn so I got sent up to the host stand for the night.

I took the splint off and worked with an ace bandage on. We were short a busser, so I was helping out with scrubbing tables and resetting them. I had no pain with that, so that's a good sign.

I'm scheduled tonight. I've had the splint off since last night and my arm feels good. I think I just need to suck it up and serve tonight. I haven't had any pain today, even with picking up Zack, so I think I'm good.

I'm just gunshy. Saturdays are hectic as hell - we're gonna get slammed tonight, I've seen the books. It will be good money though.

Randy told me to show up tonight dressed to serve, but to have other clothes for either hosting or expo (working in the kitchen) just in case. I'd really like to make some money - it's been weeks.

I'll report back tomorrow, promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter