ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Why Doesn't my Kid Sleep Now?u

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Why Doesn't my Kid Sleep Now?

The first few months of Zack's life were rough. He wouldn't sleep unless I was holding him. After we got through his feeding issues, he gained weight and slept like a champ. In fact, he started sleeping throught the night at 4.5 months and never looked back.

We would comment about how great it was that he didn't wake up in the middle of the night like a lot of children his age. Jinxed ourselves is what we did.

For the past few months, Zack's been a bad sleeper. He would wake up once a week about, but would be easily comforted and go back to sleep. Sometimes, we'd have a hellacious night, but not often.

Recently though, he's been waking more and more. Several times a week. Honestly, since last Friday, he's woken up EVERY NIGHT at some point. Sometimes 3 times a night. What the hell is going on here?? I'm so frustrated, I'm at my wit's end.

Usually, he's easily comforted, but why can't he just come out of his room and climb into bed with us? I would LOVE that. But nooooooooo, he screams from his room until we come in to him or he gets hysterical. He won't even get up if he has to go to the bathroom - he wants one of us to get up with him.

This is sooo old. I have no clue how to fix the situation, other than maybe some tough love. So, now that the older kids are gone for a while to Arizona, I think we're going to stand firm now and not go in to him unless he sounds scared (we all know there are different cries for different things). I didn't want to let him scream when it would wake up Cassie & Alex - they have school and such and they shouldn't have to suffer. I'll suffer, if it will fix this.

That boy is lucky that he's so cute. I look at him and melt. He's damn lucky ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Ugh sorry I hope you resolve this soon! And yes, Zacky is DAMN cute!

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter