ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Scaryu

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Scary

Saturday night at The Pot was an interesting one, to say the least. First off, we had 297 on the books, which meant we were almost fully booked up for the night and with the anticipated walk-ins, we were definitely going to be booked solid. So, already we're all geared up for a long and hectic night.

Around 5pm, most of us had tables and we were all in the kitchen doing our thing. Then, in the blink of an eye, one of the servers passes out and goes into a seizure in the middle of the floor. It was like one second she was standing there and then BAM, she was on the floor. I rubbed her legs, while someone else held her hand and a third person put something soft under her head. The manager dialed 911 and we waited. She seized for a long time, a scary long time in my opinion. After about 5 minutes, we decided there were too many of us trying to help and some of us got back to our tables. By the time I got back in the kitchen, the EMS techs were there, but she was still passed out. She woke up a little while later and was really confused. She asked what happened and we told her - you were standing there, then you weren't. She was really scared and confused. Poor thing - she's one of the nicest women there and I really like her a lot.

They took her to the hospital and admitted her overnight. I wish I knew her last name so I could go and visit her (the hospital is less than a mile from our house) or at least call her and see how she's doing. She must still be scared about the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter