ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: It could have been so much worse...u

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

It could have been so much worse...

Yesterday was not fun for me. First, I was tired from working on Monday night and knew I had to work again last night, so I was mentally tired too.

Then, Zack decides to take off and run into the street. It was the scariest experience of my life. I have never been so terrified. He bolted, I ran after him, and I knocked him down to stop him from going further. The whole time we're running, cars are whizzing by in each direction. His daycare provider's lawn and driveway are very big, so he's usually never anywhere near the road (which usually isn't busy either). I don't know what got into him and why he tried to do that.

He cried for his daddy when I picked him up (can you blame him, really? His mommy just screamed at him and pushed him down on purpose). When I finally calmed him down, I broke into tears myself. He was only a few inches from the road when I got my hands on him. I could see the image in my head of him being hit by a car, it was awful. I cried for several minutes while he said "it's ok mommy, I sowwy, I pwomise I not do it again".

He'd better not - if he does, he's getting tied to me permanently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter