ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: I'm not dead yetu

Saturday, January 22, 2005

I'm not dead yet

But boy do my feet hurt!!! Training classes are over and now I'm doing all the hands-on training. I worked a Friday night rush yesterday following another server around. My feet were killing me and I almost felt like I was going to pass out (note to self: eat a lot before your shift, stupid). It was exciting though. A little overwhelming, but I have confidence in myself.

The shoes I bought, while well broken in were NOT what I needed. They weren't non-slip so I was literally sliding around the kitchen. I was so scared I was going to drop something (I didn't though). I went out today in the snow and got a new pair of shoes, with insoles. I also bought a wine key because we have to use one.

Speaking of the snow - it couldn't have come at a worse time, for me at least. I wanted to work a heavy shift with Brandon, my trainer, and I'm working with him tonight. But with all the snow, I bet no one comes into the restaurant :( Oh well, at least I get paid to be there. I'll be sure to bring a book.

To all my friends, I'm sorry I'm not around much right now, but I know you understand. I'll be back online chatting again soon, I just have to finish training.

Incidentally, not to toot my own horn - oh who am I kidding of COURSE I'm gonna brag - we had 4 written tests. Yours truly scored 100% on 3 out of the 4 and a 92% on the other. I missed a question because I wasn't reading carefully and misunderstood the question - DER! No one else in the class did so well on the tests. I hope that means that I'll do a good job on the floor, but it's probably not indicative of that. Who cares, I'm still proud.

Older than all of them and smarter too ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger E Soutter said...

AHA! Here you are!

Of course you scored so well! Smart as you are, I bet you're going to blow them out of the water.

And a low learning curve, too, given how fast you changed your shoes! HAR!

Good luck and keep us posted!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter