ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: I Use My Children.u

Saturday, November 20, 2004

I Use My Children.

I'll admit it, I do. I use them to perpetuate my immaturity. As an adult, would I voluntarily go to see the SpongeBob SquarePants movie alone? Never. But, I have children, so I have an excuse to go. I'm doing it for them. SpongeBob makes me giggle. I absolutely love that show. Now, Zack is obsessed with it, so I have another reason to watch it. Because it makes him happy and who am I to deny him the simple pleasure of a great Saturday morning cartoon?

Same goes for cheesy teenybopper flicks. I see commercials for those and grin happily because I know that my daughter will jump at the chance to go see one and that means that *I* get to see one! When Mean Girls came out, I was super-pissed because she went and saw it with friends. I wanted to go. I wanted to "chaperone" them, but they didn't need that. I needed some type of excuse to go see this movie - it looked great! I tried my best and basically got told that unless I was willing to shell out megabucks for snacks for all of them, I was not coming.

Ended up watching it on DVD with Dave. It was as great as I was hoping it would be :)

I'm also a videogame fanatic. I could play videogames all day long. "Mom, can I watch you play Crash Bandicoot?" Of course, sweetie, how could I say no to that? That would just be mean. *snicker*

Ooooooh, I just saw a commercial for a new Crash Bandicoot game, speak of the devil. And my wonderful husband said to me "Honey, why don't you buy that now and we can count that as a Xmas present". Like I'm gonna turn down THAT offer. Looks like I'll be hitting Best Buy after class today. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Cathy you are such a genius. I'm not really afraid to admit that I'd love to go see the SpongeBob movie, lol. But I think it's really cute that you like teen flicks ;)

6:36 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

SpongeBob Lover here to. But haven't gotten to take the kids yet. Oh and Ill Tell you a little secret. Im a closet Lizzy Mcguire fan. Hee Hee Hee. That Gordo is just to cute :)

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter