ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: The Agony of Defeatu

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Agony of Defeat

I have stopped crying long enough to collect my thoughts and try to express them in some readable fashion. I can't describe what the last 18 hours have felt like. Hopeful, excited, disappointed, amazed, devestated, despondent, depressed, hopeless, disgusted. Furious.

I don't understand people. On the news today, I heard more than one person talk about how they registered to vote for the first time to vote for Bush because he's Christian. That's disgusting. Appauling. He's ruining our country and no one cares. Well, half of the population cares, but not quite enough to take the power away from the Religious Right. They will never admit that Bush is bad for the country, no matter how much further he runs this country into the ground. I'm terrified living this close to DC, absolutely terrified. I want to move.

I live in a country that I despise. I always felt sorry for people in other countries that were run by religious fanatics. And now, I'm one of those people.

The urge to vomit has finally subsided but the taste of bile in my mouth will be there for 4 more years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter