ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Who Knew?u

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Who Knew?

I hate it when crap that I hear ends up being true. And by "crap", I mean stuff that I don't want to believe and I don't want to be true. My current example of this is exercise. One thing Dave asked me last week when I was so depressed was "when's the last time you went to class?" He meant Jazzercise class. I couldn't tell him. It had been so long.

I've always heard that exercise can help with depression. I always ignored that because a) I've never suffered from depression and b) who the hell wants to exercise? I sure don't. I did not get an ass this big by working out ;)

Ok, seriously. I decided step one to fixing myself was to get back to class on a regular basis. I went on Saturday and Monday and each time I went, I felt fantastic afterwards. Tired, sweaty, but energized and proud of myself. I wanted to go to class on Tuesday, but Cassie's trip to the ER threw a wrench into it. And a funny thing happened. On Wednesday, I was stressed and starting to feel overwhelmed. I was getting anxious and very touchy about little things. I was able to catch what was happening and ask Dave to help me out with a few things to lighten my stress load.

I went to class today and actually looked forward to going. And you know what? I feel fantastic again. I absolutely have to stop putting everyone else's needs before my own. I need to take care of myself before I can take care of my family. There is no reason why the people in my family can't deal with me being gone for approximately 90 minutes (sometimes more like an hour) 4 days a week. And if they can't deal with it, I'm not going to worry about it.

I will not let myself get into the place I was a week ago and if exercising helps me, then I'm going to do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I think it's awesome that you've got an outlet for your ill feelings. Keep it up!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter