ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: What Cathy Believes, Part Twou

Friday, September 17, 2004

What Cathy Believes, Part Two

I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. I even believe in third, fourth, and fifth chances under some circumstances.

People make mistakes. I think it's wrong to have the attitude of "one time and that's it". Well, you never know why someone does what they do until you really dig deep to find out. Let's say someone lies to you. Is very sneaky, deceptive, and devious. Do you automatically say "that's it, I'm never talking to you again?" Or do you have a long talk, find out the reason for the deception and try to move on? I'm talking about simple friendships here. I think it's much harder to forgive someone and move on than it is to just hold a grudge and be mean to that person.

I think second chances are important. If you really want to know someone and be close to them, you have to be able to see past their flaws and imperfections, to the real person. I know a lot of people who put up a front of some sort or another. I've been guilty of doing that myself. For most of my life, actually. And sometimes forgiving them and giving them another chance is the best road to take. It leads to the road of happiness most of the time, I've found. It can lead to the road of despair as well, but I'll be naive for now.

Where would I be if people didn't give me a second chance? Certainly not where I am today, that's for sure. I'm thankful for the second, third, and fourth chances I've been given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter