ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Javalicious!!!!!!!!!!!!u

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Javalicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love coffee. I mean, really love coffee. Sure, people say "I love this" or "I love that" but they don't know what love of an inanimate object is all about. I dream about coffee sometimes. When I wake up every day, one of my first thoughts (after, oh please PLEASE let it be after 6am, as Zack yells "Mommy! I done sleepin'" from his room) is "woo hoo - coffee!". If it weren't so sticky, I'd probably try to bathe in it once, just to say I did. I should own stock in Starbucks, they've taken enough of my money. For my birthday this year, my ZF friends (that's the private birth board that I run for those who don't know) bought me a Starbucks gift card. Best present I've ever received, I might have even teared up when I saw it.

I even like bad coffee. It honestly doesn't matter, as long as it's brown and caffeinated, I'm a happy camper. That's not to say that I don't appreciate good coffee, because I do. I prefer good coffee, of course, I'm not stupid. I'm just saying that I'm not a coffee SNOB, I'll drink anything if I have to. Dare I say, airline coffee ain't half bad?

I like it hot. I like it iced. I like it room temperature. I do not like it black. No no no. I prefer milk, but will drink it with cream. I don't have a preference when it comes to sweeteners - sugar or substitute, it's all good. Luckily, I have a husband who likes coffee too. He bought a French Press - talk about GOOD coffee. I'm salivating now. There's a very painful time that I'd rather not talk about, which was the first trimester of my pregnancy. Can you imagine NO COFFEE? Well, decaf only, but come on - that's not coffee!!!!

When I'm not dieting, I prefer the fancy smancy concoctions from Starbucks. Frappuchinos, mochas, white mochas, caramel macchiatos, the stranger, the better. Nothing warms me up on a cold morning like a nice Grande Skim White Chocolate Mocha (no whip cream - it makes me ill - I don't even like it on sundaes. I know that's sacrilege, but it's the truth). I've got all the lingo down too. You should have seen me in there when I was pregnant, after I'd hit the "one cup of coffee is ok" mark. "Grande half-caf, mocha, skim, no whip". Yeah, I rock. For those of you who don't know - that meant a medium mocha (coffee with chocolate syrup), one shot regular, one shot decaf coffee, skim milk with no whip cream. I'm not of the school that you should shout your order to the attendant as fast as you can to look cool. I'd rather that my order was made correctly, thank you very much.

My wonderful husband is off getting the morning coffee now. He'd better hurry too - like a junkie who needs a fix, I'm starting to shake. Must...have...coffee :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter