ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Back on the Wagonu

Friday, August 27, 2004

Back on the Wagon

I've gained back a lot of weight. It wouldn't be so bad if my jeans weren't getting too tight now. Oh, who am I kidding? One pair doesn't even fit anymore and I can't even pretend that they do. The other pair are painful to sit in. So, it's back on the dieting wagon for me. It's time. I've already lost 4 pounds and can feel it in the way my jeans fit, so that's some motivation right there.

Why does food have to have this terrible side-effect? It's like a medication that makes the symptoms of problem A go away, but causes problem B. And which is worse? I say problem B, so then the medication has to stop. It's really not fair. The medication is so comforting and familiar. Like an old friend, or a too-worn sweater that's in tatters but you still wear it.

I'm disappointed in myself, but I'm not surprised at the results of my binging. Did I really think that I could sit around eating ice cream and other assorted crap and NOT gain weight back? No, but I didn't think it would come back THIS fast!! Oh well, back on the wagon for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter