ue I'm More Than Just a Mom...I Think: Anticipation...u

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Anticipation...

I got to talk to my brother last night. He's still in Germany, but he should be able to hop a flight home either tomorrow or Saturday. I can't believe I'm finally going to see him again after him being gone for almost a year.

I still can't fathom that my brother fought in a war. MY brother. The pacifist. One of the most genuinely kind, helpful people I've ever known. I'm so excited to see him again and so nervous at the same time. Will I say something wrong? I can't even begin to imagine what he's been through. Are there going to be certain things that if mentioned will make him upset, sad or scared? I want to talk politics with him - we've always thought about the same in that respect, but I wonder if his opinions have changed at all? Probably not, but you never know.

I think I will cry when I finally do see him again. I don't want him to get upset by this either, but I don't think I will be able to help it. I've missed him terribly and have worried about him every day that he's been gone. You'd think he was my LITTLE brother and not my older brother the way I talk about him sometimes ;)

I have an infinate amount of respect for him. He kept his sanity, did his job, and now he gets to come home and see his wonderful wife again! I sure hope she can go to Germany with him soon - it's not fair that they have be apart like this. I will miss her too, though - we've gotten to know her so much better in this last year.

I can't wait to see him!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger E Soutter said...

Having a loved one come home from war is an incredibly scary, wonderful, emotional time. I'll be thinking of you both, and am grateful for your service.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Hit Counter